Prószyński Media is an owner of:
- Inverso.pl – one of the biggest Polish online bookstores,
- Gildia.pl – the most important Polish online bookseller specializing in comics and graphic novels,
- "Nowa Fantastyka” – the first magazine in Poland focusing on fantasy and science-fiction.
- Laila Shukri, Marcin Margielewski, Mira Hafif & Tanya Valko (bestselling authors of fiction and non-fiction set in the Arab world),
- Beata Sabała-Zielińska (popular author of mountain literature, especially about Tatry and TOPR),
- Artur Górski (journalist, war correspondent, historian, literary reportage, pastiche and sensational novels),
- Maria Czubaszek (writer and satirist, queen of Polish cabaret, commentator of public life, screenwriter and columnist),
- Artur Andrus (journalist, radio and television presenter, actor, writer, songwriter, Polish cabaret artist and announcer),
- Małgorzata Gutowska-Adamczyk (writer, theatre historian, screenwriter and journalist, author of popular women's fiction),
- Katarzyna Puzyńska (author of a multi-volume series of crime novels about the village of Lipowo, one of the most important Polish writers of her genre),
- Anna Karpińska (author of widely read contemporary novels addressed to younger and older women),
- Paulina Młynarska (journalist, TV, radio and television presenter, columnist, yoga teacher, former actress, committed Polish feminist),
- Olga Rudnicka (extremely popular writer and creator of over twenty award-winning crime novels),
- Irena Matuszkiewicz (well-known author of women's literature combining chick-lit and criminal themes).
We publish outstanding books by Polish classics:
- Henryk Jerzy Chmielewski (Papcio Chmiel) – Warsaw insurgent, graphic designer, cartoonist, creator of the legendary comic book series Tytus, Romek i A’Tomek,
- Wojciech Młynarski - poet, satirist, songwriter, director, translator, the most outstanding creator of literary cabaret in post-war Poland,
- Paweł Jasienica – world-renowned historian, author of legendary series about Poland’s past,
- Melchior Wańkowicz - prominent Polish reporter, war correspondent with Anders' Army,
- Stanisław Grzesiuk - prisoner of concentration camps, bard, populariser of urban folklore,
- Agnieszka Osiecka – excellent poet and songwriter, one of the most important Polish women in culture in the second half of the 20th century,
- Seweryna Szmaglewska – prisoner of Auschwitz-Birkenau, witness at the Nuremberg Trials.
And here we present some foreign titles… because why not!:
- classics: John Steinbeck, Romain Gary, Henry James, John Irving, John Galsworthy,
- popular: Sarah Waters, Jodi Picoult, Diane Chamberlain, Joanne Harris, Steven Rowley, Lily King, Clare Mackintosh, Hazel Gaynor,
- fantasy: Ursula Le Guin, Terry Pratchett, J.R.R. Tolkien, Strugatsky Brothers, Terry Pratchett,
- Young Adult: Casey McQuiston, Karen McManus, Christina Lauren, Akwaeke Emezi, Dustin Thao, Dean Atta, Joanna Ho,
- romance: Lisa Kleypas, Penny Reid, Colleen Oackley,
- mystery&thriller: Stephen King, Sarah Pearse, Sally Hepworth, Mary Higgins Clark, Jeffery Deaver, Robyn Harding, Gillian McAllister, Lisa Scottoline, Ashley Audrain.
- science: Michio Kaku, Ian Stewart, Mary Roach, Adam Rutherford, Leonard Susskind, Roger Penrose, Sean Carroll, Brian Cox, Jane Goodall,
- history: Laurence Rees, Peter Longerich, Volker Ullrich, Thomas Kunze, Volker Koop,
- culinary: Martin Johansson, Teresa Finney, Olia Hercules, Simi & Stefan Leistner...
- Our founder, Mieczysław Prószyński, one of the most influencial people on Polish book market, is also a well-known physicist, alpinist and para jumper. Honored with the Order of Polonia Restituta, he continues his family’s publishing traditions in an inspiring, uncoventional way.
- The 1000th book published by Prószyński Media was released in 1999.
- „Nowa Fantastyka” is not only the first Polish fantasy and sci-fi themed magazine – founded in 1982, it is also one of the oldest of its kind worldwide.
- Andrzej Sapkowski, the author of The Witcher series debuted in „Nowa Fantastyka”. The other famous writers which collaborated with this magazine were for example Polish creators Jacek Dukaj, Łukasz Orbitowski, Rafał Kosik and Jakub Ćwiek. On the foreign side, „Nowa Fantastyka” published the texts by Graham Masterton, Robert Silverberg, Gregory Benford and Peter Watts.
Prószyński Media handles rights for all Polish titles we publish.
For translation queries and permissions please contact our Secretary for Foreign Rights, Jadwiga Mik.